Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default "I need my WiFi"

In the annual run-up to Christmas, Thompson-style... scheduled to
accommodate grandchildren in college, meeting the fiancee of the
oldest granddaughter, out-of-state grandchildren, and prosecutors who
had "murder duty" on the 25th, we'll celebrate Christmas this year on
Saturday, the 29th.

The first arrival, 11 years old, from Palm Springs, asked, "Opa, Do
you have WiFi? I need my WiFi!" ;-)

Presently I have a Linksys 8-port router, since I wired the house with
CAT-5 as it was being built, 19 years ago, never thinking wireless.

I have a few spare ports on the Linksys.

What should I get as WiFi, considering the following...

House is essentially 65' x 65', so I need good range. But I can
easily locate transponder 8-10' off the floor.

How do I set it up so grandchildren can access the web, but not
intrude on any of my PC's? Already had the wife's PC's E-mail fouled
up by the 5-year-old :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |