Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Why would anyone C clamp open all the fireplace flues?

mike wrote:
On 12/26/2012 5:51 AM, HeyBub wrote:
. No air, or not much, can enter or leave the fireplace. And I don't
have to fuss with the damper at all. Plus, I don't have to reach
into the still smoldering embers to engage the hot damper.

Are you saying that you were in the habit of closing the damper while
the embers are still smoldering.
If so, we have discovered why the dampers are locked open...because
of you. ;-)
Glad you're still alive.

When it's time to go to bed, it's time to go to bed! On my schedule, not the
fireplaces.

I guess I could have a fire extinguisher nearby ...