Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default A Not So Merry Christmas in Webster, NY

Tim Daneliuk wrote in
:

Do you ACTUALLY think this is what gun buyers do? Have you so little
regard for shooter in the US that you think they intentionally peddle
weapons to people they know are unstable or criminals? Gun owners are
- on the whole - among the most law abiding straight arrows you'll
ever find. It's the media that are the criminals ... for telling lies
and getting people to buy into those lies....

Obviously 99% or more of gun owners are law abiding, honest, careful etc.
However, that does not prevent a few of not being so, does it? There are
some 8 million people either in New York City, or the immediate metro
area. In all of New York State there are some 70,000 prisoners, or less
than 0.09%. And by far not all are there because of firearm offenses in
New York City. See how safe we are? Still, people don't like getting
shot, and IMNSHO we should do more to prevent guns from getting in the
wrong hands. As you can see from the simple statistics here, arming
everyone is NOT the solution. I don't think keeping track of the more
potent weapons now in circulation will be easy, but then, Americans are
known for coming up with ingenious solutions. I'm waiting. Until
something better comes up, I think that registration, licensing and
insuring guns and gun owners should be tried. All AR-15, similar and
more potent to start with, with handguns not far behind. I know there
will be many against such, but (again IMNSHO) the 2nd amendment does not
guarantee the unfettered distribution of firearms.

--
Best regards
Han