Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Finnigan Simon Finnigan is offline

Default Apprentice managed to lose a days pay

bert ] wrote:
In message
, Simon Finnigan writes
Broadback wrote:
On 24/12/2012 20:34, Caecilius wrote:
On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 16:14:15 -0000, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
Any guesses at what time he lost the days pay?

I think smartphones warrent their own entry in the survival "rule of
threes": 3 weeks without food, 3 days without water, 3 hours without
shelter, 3 minutes without air, 3 seconds without facebook.

I have a mobile phone, that is what it is, a phone. If I want a camera I
buy one. I also have an e reader, now my daughter wants one, but she
wants it combined with...., so is having awful trouble deciding which
"tablet" to buy. She claims that she does not want to carry different
gadgets with her, so want a combi. Mind you perhaps I should buy one with
a decent memory, as mine is failing!

But having a decent camera built into a smartphone means I always have a
decent camera with me, and am able to send the pictures taken immediately
to other people in high quality. Much better than having to say "hang on
half an hour while I go and get my camera, find it the batteries have lost
charge since I last used it, charge them up and get ready to take a photo".
I find I have many more pictures that I like and keep just because it takes
me a few seconds to get the camera ready and take the photo.

There's more to a decent camera than megapixels

Like flash, reasonable optics, ability to take a fair photo in low light
conditions, ability to automatically backup my photos the moment I get in
range of a wifi network I've connected the camera to in the past, large
memory to take many photos, ability to take panorama photographs, ability
to record HD video that is good envy to watch on a large TV? My iPhone 5
ticks all those boxes.