Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default RIP Sir Patrick Moore

On Dec 26, 2:41*pm, tony sayer wrote:
In article
s.com, harry scribeth thus

On Dec 24, 10:13*am, F news@nowhere wrote:
On 24/12/2012 06:45, harry wrote:

The best buses are in Brasil.
The worst are in Bolivia.

The ones in Cuba aren't too good either. Try Havana - Trinidad in heavy
rain: you'll need an umbrella up inside the bus! On the way back to
Havana the bus got a puncture after hitting the central reservation
kerb. Took two hours to change one bald tyre for another using a very
heavy driver swinging on the end of scaffolding poles on the wheel nut
wrench!

Some in Bolivia don't even have a roof.

So I'm told by my eldest who went there last year. She did keep away
from the road of death cut into the mountains side!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26lvJwv2Dso

Among others like it perhaps a parachute might be more use then a
roof;!...
--
Tony Sayer

We have travelled quite extensively in Bolivia and elsewhere in S
America. Great place.