Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default An opinion on gun control

On Dec 25, 1:25*pm, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
On 12/24/2012 11:00 PM, nestork wrote:

I'm one person who questions the notion that anyone who takes a gun and
kills a whole bunch of people, is, by definition, mentally ill.

The guy that shot up the movie theatre in Aurora, Colorado was a PhD
student for crying out loud. *He certainly had enough gray stuff between
his ears, and he knew the difference between right and wrong.

Doing something horrible does not automatically mean that person is
crazy. *Perfectly level headed people can decide to throw their life
away if they feel their life is so screwed up that it's not salvagable.
It's a stupid decision, it's desperation, but it's not mental illness.

So, if the NRA wants the US Government to put together a list of
mentally ill people, what about everyone who thinks their life has been
wasted and that they're a failure. *We need to make a list of those
people to make sure they never get their hands on a gun, too.

When I tutored kids with learning problems, the hyperactive kids were
not stupid, in fact they were bored out of their minds and really hungry
for knowledge. This was more than 40 years ago before little boys were
drugged for behaving like little boys. Imagine a generation
of children who's developing minds and bodies are fundamentally altered
by the drugs that have been forced on them by foolish educators. What on
earth did they think the consequences of pushing these drugs would
be? What did they think would happen when the essence and impulsiveness
of childhood is suppressed so a developing mind can not be trained to
cope with life and to learn self control. I'm going to hazard a guess
that the young men and teens who committed the mass murders were drugged
as schoolchildren. I wonder if anyone is looking into it and if the
mainstream media will even report it because it might shoot down (pun
intended) one of the sacred cows of the Leftist who infest the
government school educational system? O_o

TDD

A lot of these problems are caused by the survival of premature babies
who would never have survived in the past.
A large minority grow up mentally abnormal.
It can be argued that nature knows what it's doing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premature_baby#Prognosis