Conan the Librarian

Default What is Living Trade?

Greg Millen wrote:

"Conan The Librarian" wrote in message ...

Thanks, lar. It's a chisel cabinet. I store mostly carving tools
there, but also have mortising chisels and a few other odds-and-ends.

I had a sneak around your site but couldn't see inside the box- you did
build an inside for it didn't you?

Damn, I got so busy with the outside that I totally forgot about
that. :-)

It's got two rows of chisel holders, which are nothing more than
some 4/4 oak with a series of vertical holes drilled and slots cut in
the front edge.

I have to agree with Larry, tres' nice. The fly tying station is beautiful
wood though, I don't fish but it makes me want to use it.

Hey, you don't have to fish to tie flies. :-) As an aside, SWMBO
saw the wood that I was using for the station and commented something to
the effect of, "Why are you using all that fancy stuff for nothing more
than a tool?".

Oh well, she still doesn't quite get it. :-) (But you obviously do.)

It's nice to hear that someone else appreciates the choice of
woods.

More'n one Chuck, more'n one.

Thanks, Groggy.

I tried to build a small sewing cabinet spool holder on the weekend and
stuffed it up totally. It turned out to be firewood, my worst effort yet.
Measure twice they say, well, I did that - but why don't they say "get the
right spool" instead?

Oooops, that hurts. I dunno how sewing thread goes, but thankfully,
the flytying thread spools are pretty uniform.

So can you at least rationalize it as "practice"? :-}

Chuck Vance