Posted to alt.home.repair
Wes Groleau Wes Groleau is offline

Default An opinion on A.D.D. drugs.

On 12-24-2012 18:29, The Daring Dufas wrote:
My specialty was hyperactive kids whom I could reach, understand and
communicate with for the simple reason that I was the same way at their
age. This was long before little boys were pumped full of drugs because
they behaved like little boys. The P.L.L.C.F. who infest the government
run educational system are so lazy as to want an easy way to cope with
little savages which is what little boys actually are. The easy way out
is to drug them out of their minds to suppress their true nature. WTF
do those people think is going to happen when all that wild energy is
pent up for at least 12 years? The idiot educators suppress it with
drugs instead of teaching the child to cope with it and find an outlet

It's true folks are too quick to use drugs, not only for psuch issues
but for other physiological conditions.

On the other hand, there are those few who DO need them and the
extremists on the other side who stereotype all drugs as the same.

My nephew for example, did need Ritalin. But not permanently.
It gave him enough control that he was able to learned how to handle his
condition without it. Same for my son.

Me on the other hand--the shrink said I was a classic case and
prescribed it. Seemed to have no effect so I dropped it. Figured if I
was able to hold two jobs for ten years each without it, I probably
don't need it.

Then when they started suggesting it for my other son, I said, "Don't
tell me a kid with a GPA of 4.0 needs meds to function in your school."

--
Wes Groleau

Daily Hoax: http://www.snopes2.com/cgi-bin/random/random.asp