Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Painters caulk

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 13:37:54 -0500, "Kern" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 13:37:32 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

I need to caulk a good bit of exterior trim prior to painting. What is
the
best caulk for this purpose. Wood to wood. How good is the regular
cheapo
painters caulk? I want something that is going to last.

Steve

Pure Silicone is the best caulk, but you can NOT paint it. The only
thing to do is paint first, and use clear silicone over it. Otherwise
use painters caulk, but I'd spend the extra couple bucks and get a good
brand. That $1 cheap **** dont last long. Some of the better brands
state a long warranty, like 25 or 40 years. I think they are
exaggerated, because no one will remember what caulk was used in 25 or
more years, so no warranty service will ever occur. But I do think that
that is a better caulk.

You've gotta be the most stupidest **** to come around here, in a long
time. First you give an opinion about an electric caulk gun, which you
never used. And, yet to a person who has a handicap.

Then, the same person wants a caulk prior to painting, and you suggest a
caulk you _can't_ paint.

You dumb *******, crawl back under the rock from where you came.

I see you have already met one of the residential trolls. He will not
crawl back under a rock. He just nym-shifts, changes colors like a
Chameleon. and has a developed pattern of consistency.

Good Luck