Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Apprentice managed to lose a days pay

I have not bought one of the talking caller thingies, as the voice is an
intrusion in itself and they seem to have screwed up the mobile version of
this. It cannot say simple words.Cyril for example comes out as sigh rill

Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 21:30:29 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

Personally I have not ventured down this alley, as I do like to be out
of touch at times just like we all used to be.

That's simple; you just ignore it or switch it off.
I regard most phone calls as intrusions and uninvited, so the caller
can take their chances whether I'm available or not.

Yep and with caller ID you can decide if you want to speak to them before
answering as well. If I'm busy well tough that's what voice mail or
answering machines are for...

I find it very rude of people who must answer every call they get
instantly without an apology to me for the interuption to our
conversation. All it takes is a glance at the phone, and "Sorry, must
answer this" if they *really* do need to answer it, which TBH isn't
likely to be every call they get.

--
Cheers
Dave.