Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] krw@att.bizzz is offline

Default An opinion on gun control

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 20:16:50 -0600, Doug
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 18:55:21 -0500, z wrote:

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 15:02:53 -0600, Doug
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 14:05:16 -0600, " Attila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
m...

You bypass all the checks and balances if you buy privately and 40% of
all gun purchases are done this way.

And
Most of the transactions that way are still between law-abiding people
We know that restrictions do NOT curtail criminal transactions
Just look at England, now awash with "illegal" handguns since they have been
banned
There are more of them than before..

If I understood the NRA, I agree only partially with them. I like the
idea of armed guards (professionals) in schools but not armed
teachers.

Why not armed teachers
They would not be armed to act as guards
The would be armed to defend themselves and automatically defend their
charges
Do you think that having disarmed staff make Sandy Hook staff safer or less
safe ?

But armed guards in schools will not solve the overall
problem of mass killings because the criminals will just move from
schools to churches, malls, stadiums, train stations, etc... or other
places with less resistance.

There is that.
So once again we're back to what the NRA has to say
Armed bad guys are stopped by armed good guys
The great, great, great majority of citizens are the "good guys"

Remember that armed citizens shoot more than DOUBLE the number of bad guys
than police do.
Why are people trying to ignore the elephant in the room ??

I too was in favor of no semi automatic weapons in civilian hands but
I now I prefer to say it differently now.....I don't want civilians to
have guns as good or better than the military or police use, unless
they already own them. In other words, I don't want military or
police to be out gunned by civilians. If they satisfy this, civilians
can get whatever guns they want.

Then you have NO CLUE as to the intent of the 2nd Amendment
The 2nd Amendment is ALL ABOUT citizens having the same arms as the police
and military

I disagree. I just researched the 2nd Amendment and no where does it
come close to saying this. It does NOT say you have the right to bear
ANY arms. You have the right to bear ARMS.

You *certainly* didn't research it very deeply (did you even read it).
It's all over the founder's writings. You can start he

http://www.minnesotamajority.org/Our...2/Default.aspx

I read your link. My research is still valid.

You're just illiterate, obviously. That answers it all.