Posted to alt.home.repair

Default An opinion on gun control

On 12/23/2012 9:23 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 21:03:19 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Most lawyers would advise that a legal holder of a gun would be in
less trouble for shooting someone than a guy who beat someone to
death.

When I catch someone in my place and that miscreant throws a brick at my
face, no jury would convict me of murder for beating the gremlin to
death. ^_^

Don't count on it. A good friend of mine did 7 years in a maryland pen
for beating an intruder to death in his apartment.

They said, one punch, OK and run away but at some point he had the
opportunity to escape and he had the obligation to do it.
There was also the issue about when the imminent threat was gone.
The prosecution demonstrated that after the threat was gone, he hit
the guy again. It was not defense anymore.

Not here in Alabamastan, besides, if I had killed the critter, the
corpse would have been dropped in a distant dumpster and I would have
told no one. The dumbass came to when I was about to drag what I thought
was a dead body out to my van for disposal and I made him crawl
down the hall, out the front door and into the middle of the street
then I went back inside and shut the door. A while later I heard sirens
so I looked outside and there were fire engines and police cars down in
the middle of the next block. No cops came by my office and I imagine
the busted up little creep had quite a story to tell the police about
a pickup truck load of Honkeys wit a Rebel flags on dey T-shirts dat
jus wooped up his ass fo no reason. I told one of my cop buddies from
the local precinct about it and he laughed his butt off. I never had
another break in to the building after that, I do believe word got
around about the consequences of screwing around with my building. ^_^

TDD