Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Continuing new years resolution

To coin a phrase, I don't believe it. Do the buyers in these organisations
actually understand what they stock I wonder?

In the case of laces specifically its surely obvious that if you stock shoes
you need the accessories. Maybe the profit margin is too small. In the case
of Tesco, what they do is grab stocks of stuff that is cheap and apparently
nobody bothered to ask why they were cheap in that the bags were probably
not widely available. It kind of reminded me of the old Sinclair designed
microvision tv. It used odball batteries called polarpuse, made by polaroid.
Very often you had a real search to actually find anyone who stocked them.

Brian

Email:

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
Not to buy anything from a retailer that doesn't stock spares/consumables.

Went to buy a pair of shoes earlier this year. Salesman had racked the
shoes up, and I asked for 2 spare pairs of laces, only to be told they
didn't stock laces. Just walked out.

Looking for a new bathroom bin, noticed a 3L jobbie in Tescos who - guess
what - don't sell 3L bags to fit. No sale.