Posted to alt.home.repair

Default An opinion on gun control

On 12/23/2012 5:13 PM, Attila Iskander wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 14:34:44 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Pennsylvania might need to consider banning "high capacity assault
shovels".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252172/Woman-charged-threatening-kill-elementary-school-children-bus-stop-shovel.html

I darn near killed a burglar with my bare hands, should we have fist
control laws? O_o

TDD

Can't you register your hands as deadly weapons? And buy insurance on
them?

My neighbor has a Dachshund called Doobie, for some unknown and never
clarified reason. Doobie thinks Dobermans are wusses, at least when it
comes to protecting her turf against strangers.
If you are known and come in peace, you are watched carefully until her
human indicates that you are welcome and to be trusted. (Friendly
greeting and hug)
If you are known, come in peace and bring gifs (as in postman or UPS
man) your are welcomed at the front door.
Anything else constitutes toleration only, even if allowed to enter the
house. And you are watched most carefully.
But if you have no preceding history, then watch out, you are a snack.

Case in point about 6 months ago, a stranger to the neighborhood decided
that an open screened window was an invitation for entrance.
There was NO warning issued until the individual was mostly inside.
Then Doobie made her presence known by literally chewing her way up one
leg and down the other, leaving a nicely spread out series of bites.
The nether region escaped unharmed because the idiot in question had
"saggers", pants with a crotch about 6 inches lower than normal.
An ambulance was needed because the police didn't want any of the
estimated 2 quarts of blood that had been splashed on the siding, lawn
and sidewalk, to also mar their clean cruiser.
When the individual was lying on the sidewalk incapacitated, and
completely off Doobie's property, Doobie sat down and started barking
and howling to attract attention to her prowess
Much praise and assorted yummies were presented to her by the neighbors
mightily impressed with her efforts.

I've been adopted by Sandy The Rotthuahua, she's a Red Chihuahua who
thinks she's a Rottweiler. She was my late roommate's dog and he was
****ed because Sandy liked me better. Anyway, whenever someone comes
to the door or when she hears any strange sound outside, she goes into
full noisy alert mode letting any intruder know that they are lunch.
When the stranger comes into the house and sits down, Sandy jumps in
their lap and says, "Hi, I'm Sandy, love me!". She has been known to
follow the mailman around "Hi, I'm Sandy, whatcha doin?", I had the bail
her out of doggie jail once because she jumped into the dog catcher's
truck, "Hi I'm Sandy, are we goin for a ride?". My thumb is
bigger than the barking rat's whole snout and when I was feeling bad
the other day, the four legged hot water bottle crawled under the
blanket and curled up next to me. Sandy is one funny little critter. ^_^

TDD