Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_16_] Doug[_16_] is offline

Default FYI: Home a/c cuts heat-related deaths by 80%

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 09:47:24 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

" [A] new study has found that home air conditioning played a key role in
reducing American death rates over the past half-century, by keeping people
cool on extremely hot days. The installation of air conditioning in American
homes is the reason why the chances of dying on an extremely hot day fell 80
percent over the past half-century, according to an analysis by a team of
American researchers."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...029_story.html

I didn't know the percentage but this doesn't come as any surprise.
I've heard of people dying in their home due to the summer heat in
Texas. I do wonder tho, if one drank a lot of water in those cases,
if it would spare their lives?