Posted to alt.home.repair

Default An opinion on gun control

On 12/23/12 3:11 AM, harry wrote:

Think of it more like an area/country inhabited by gun nuts is a
danger to the surrounding area/whole world.

Since the Connecticut massacre, 500 more Americans have died by
gunshot. By accident or design.
Happy Christmas for a lot of people.

What a nation of whinging cowards you are.

Probably a hundred Americans die per day in traffic accidents.
About 2 five year olds die per day just in the normal course of events
in the U.S.
It was/is a terrible thing for those involved but not a big deal in the
grand scheme of things.

The commentary from Correia is awfully long. Did you see his
comments on the Mumbai, India attack by the ten terrorists?
Quote:

Let’s take a look at what happens when a country finally succeeds in
utterly stamping out its gun culture. Mumbai, 2008. Ten armed jihadi
terrorists simply walked into town and started shooting people. It was a
rather direct, straight forward, ham fisted, simple terrorist attack.
They killed over 150 and wounded over 300. India has incredibly strict
gun laws, but once again, criminals didn’t care.
That’s not my point this time however, I want to look at the response.
These ten men shut down an entire massive city and struck fear into the
hearts of millions for THREE DAYS. Depending on where this happened in
America it would have been over in three minutes or three hours. The
Indian police responded, but their tactics sucked. The marksmanship
sucked. Their leadership sucked. Their response utterly and completely
fell apart.
In talking afterwards with some individuals from a small agency of our
government who were involved in the clean-up and investigation, all of
whom are well trained, well practiced, gun nuts, they told me the
problem was that the Indian police had no clue what to do because they’d
never been taught what to do. Their leadership hated and feared the gun
so much that they stamped out the ability for any of their men to
actually master the tool. When you kill your gun culture, you kill off
your instructors, and those who can pass down the information necessary
to do the job.