Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default An opinion on gun control

On Dec 23, 4:48*am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 22:25:33 -0500, Home Guy wrote:

Most commercial establishments have nothing to gain, and much to lose
(from a legal / liability / insurance standpoint) to NOT make / announce
that their property is a "gun-free" zone.

Rarely have I seen such an announcement in any business.

So right off the bat, we can assume that most commercial establishments
(shopping malls, theaters, restaurants, factories, offices, hospitals)
are gun-free zones.

*ASS U ME if you want.

We know that many public-sector facilities
(schools, libraries, gov't offices, court buildings, DMV, airports, etc)
are probably gun-free zones even if they are not signed as such.

Have you ever been to one of those places? *I've seen some rather
strong armament at airports, especially in Europe. *Courts and many
government buildings have armed guards.

Let's unpack that one by looking at the most recent example (Sandy Hook
Elementary School). *The shooter made no attempt to hook into any social
networks or leave behind anything that would give the world a statement
or make him famous. *I think the same can be said of the "Batman"
theater shooter in Colorado, and the shooter at Virginia Tech.

You think killing 26 people they would not put his name in the paper?
He did not have to leave a Facebook message to get notoriety.
Destroying the evidence only makes it more intriguing as to why he did
it.

The solution to this problem lies in the product itself - not in laws
that govern who can sell them or who can obtain them, nor in laws that
govern how consumers handle them.

That is part of the solution. *We also have to find what causes this
type of behavior. *Fifty years ago no one was shooting up schools that
I'm aware of. *Is it video games? Copycat violence? *Preservatives in
our food? *Getting you picture on the 6 o'clock news? *Violence has
existed as long as mankind has existed but now it seems more
concentrated at times.

Rubbish. You Have had gun massacres from day one in The USA.
I assume you have run out of indians and now must massacre one
another.
You have been massacring people in other countries, even Canadians in
1812.
It's a national problem as well as a personal problem.

A bit like the Roman empire. Collapsing in violence, depravity and
corruption.