Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default An opinion on gun control

On Dec 23, 4:17*am, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 22:25:33 -0500, Home Guy wrote:

Most commercial establishments have nothing to gain, and much to lose
(from a legal / liability / insurance standpoint) to NOT make / announce
that their property is a "gun-free" zone.

So right off the bat, we can assume that most commercial establishments
(shopping malls, theaters, restaurants, factories, offices, hospitals)
are gun-free zones. *We know that many public-sector facilities
(schools, libraries, gov't offices, court buildings, DMV, airports, etc)
are probably gun-free zones even if they are not signed as such.

That would be a bad assumption in the majority of US states which
allow concealed carry.
The only places you could count on as being gun free are the sterile
areas of an airport and in a court house.

The reality is most of the million licensed concealed carry people in
Florida do not regularly carry but they could. I still know people who
never leave the house without a gun.

The fearful and paranoid................