Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Flashing fairy lights

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 21:50:49 +0000, geoff wrote:

In message , John Stumbles
writes
Bought a set of LED fairy lights of eBay, described as multimode (i.e.
various more-or-less irritating flashing modes and one steady on) but
able to remember the last setting (simply 'static' sets seem to be like
hens' teeth these days

Wilkinsons here sell them, a couple of quid for 20 with two spares

at least in warm white, so this was next best.)
Needless to say when the ******* things arrived they don't seem to have
the memory function - if I press the button however many times to put
them in steady mode then turn them off and on again they're back to
annoying flashing mode. Is there some cunning way to make them memorise
the last setting that I haven't sussed or are they useless?

Can you still get sets of fairy lights using either 12 or 20 MES
bulbs simply connected in series - none of this fancy flashing stuff,
unless you bought a "flashing bulb" which naturally flashed all the
bulbs in the string?

--
Frank Erskine