Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Flashing fairy lights

Well if its anything like some a friend bought, yes they memorise all
modes...... except always on.
Who was the bright spark who thought that up, or is there some reason they
don't like them to be on all the time. I gather that after a time they also

Weird.

Not that it worries me any more .. grin

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"John Stumbles" wrote in message
Bought a set of LED fairy lights of eBay, described as multimode (i.e.
various more-or-less irritating flashing modes and one steady on) but
able to remember the last setting (simply 'static' sets seem to be like
hens' teeth these days, at least in warm white, so this was next best.)
Needless to say when the ******* things arrived they don't seem to have
the memory function - if I press the button however many times to put
them in steady mode then turn them off and on again they're back to
annoying flashing mode. Is there some cunning way to make them memorise
the last setting that I haven't sussed or are they useless?

--
John Stumbles

Praying is talking to yourself and pretending someone intelligent is
listening.