Posted to sci.electronics.repair
isw isw is offline

Default Attach Wires to NMH Batteries Without Soldering

In article
,
Bob E. wrote:

Do what Mr. Cook suggests, it is what I frequently do.

I second this. I've done this several times with "non-replaceable" cells in
shavers, etc. and have had no failures related to quick-soldering, only the
usual slow degradation over time of the cell chemistry.

Tin the wire, emery-paper the terminals, clean, drop of flux, quick solder.

Sometimes it helps to tin the cell using a more aggressive flux than the
usual stuff that comes in the solder. Then you can use regular solder to
attach the wire.

Isaac