Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default What do you think I can price these home build wood wine racks at?

Bob F wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 07:53:26 +0000 (UTC), Jeff
wrote:

Steve B wrote:

How much does each one cost you?

My costs are about double what they sell the cheaply made ones in
the catalog at.

But it's not really much of a fair comparison because the fit,
materials, and finish isn't even close to comparable.

Most retail items are selling at about 4X material cost. If you go
direct and cut out the middle man, you still need 2X to 3X.

Manufacturer doubles his costs, as does the retailer, as I've heard
it.

It really depends on what is being sold, to whom and by whom. Many things
are marked up at least 5x cost. Especially true of high ticket stuff which
doesn't have a mass market; jewelry for example. Shoes have a big markup
too.

--

dadiOH

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net