Ed Angell

Default Joining butcher block counter

Snip

What is the best cut to join the two sections:
1) one straight mitre from corner to corner approx 30 (& 60 degrees)

Also, are there any suggestions for strengthening the joint?

Any thoughts are appreciated and thanks in advance.

Glen Duff

Do a good layout of your chosen miter scheme, rough off the waste with a
skilsaw to about 3/32" out side the line. Finish with a heavy router and a
2" bit against a guide board. Ease off the trailing end cut first with the
router so you don't chip the edge. I mitered 2 -22" wide Beech BB tops this
way and got great results. I used a bolt similar to the Rockler zip bolts
the fasten the tops together, I didn't have a plate jointer at the time and
used 2 -3/8" dowels for alignment.

Ed Angell