Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default What do you think I can price these home build wood wine racks at?

On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 01:50:26 +0000 (UTC), Jeff
wrote:

mike wrote:

If the picture you posted is the best you can come up with, you're
competing with ladders and step stools.

Your explanation was fantastic and very informative.

The only point I need to clarify is that the reason for showing me
standing on the wine rack was that I looked at all the similar wine racks
out there, and these cheaply-made-in-china racks were all flimsy and
they all used cheap materials.

They costs less - but they used thin painted steel (which rusts in a
humid environment), not extruded anodized aluminum - and they used
softwood, whereas I used hardwood, again, which will last longer in a
typical dank cellar environment.

I want the world to have what I now have - which is a wine rack to be
proud of.

Here's a 'better' picture of the same wine rack, with wine bottles
instead of my feet on it!

http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010060...56054244865268

Now what would you pay right now, cash, for that!

If you keep it as a "hobby" you might find eBay a good enough outlet.
A hobby doesn't require a business plan.
Don't really know, just speculating.
The rack looks real good. I don't use them, but what concerns me is
the metal edges. Seem an invitation for careless or clumsy or drunk
people to cracking a bottle