Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Beauty is in the eye the beholder

Bill wrote in :

Thanks, as always, Sonny. At first, I thought that the distance was
too far either, then after a few minutes I realized that there is a
Elizabethtown, IN AND an Elizabethtown, KY!

I already checked that the rental of a pickup truck is $20+.60/mile +
gas + blah, blah, which I believe wold exceed $300 for transportation.
So by the time that is factored in, the price of a new one, delivered
($1000) doesn't look like much more. I looked up the price of a used
pick up truck (which I wouldn't mind having), but from my brief
investigation they seem out of my range. I'm naive about what is
available, but I'll work on that (someday).

Cheers,
Bill

Owning a pickup truck when you've only got a little bit of work for it
is not worth it. It's not that they're not nice to have, it's just it
costs you quite a bit to let it sit in the driveway (insurance), and
quite a bit to take it on the road (gas).

If you've got a van, it's a little tighter but it can haul almost the
same range of stuff.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.