Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Temporary repair for felted flat roof leakage?

On Friday, December 21, 2012 12:45:05 AM UTC, The Night Tripper wrote:
Hi All

we have a large-ish front porch which has a felted flat roof. Somthing

needs repair... in the recent downpours we are getting water coming into the

porch.

It seems to be coming in at the corner of the porch ceiling and the house

wall.

I am resigned to getting a new roof fitted in due course (if its anything

like other additions to this house it will have been fairly badly done

originally), but I ain't gonna get around to anything substantive for a few

weeks.

I don't want the tiled floor or other parts of the construction to suffer -

can the team suggest something I might try to minimise leakage as a

temporary measure until I get a round tuit in the New Year?

Thanks

J^n

Bitumen (in solvent) and a piece of roofing felt. Or just bitumen, any cloth, and more bitumen

NT