Posted to uk.d-i-y
JakeD[_5_] JakeD[_5_] is offline

Default Stopping condensation on underside of asbestos outhouse roof...

Kevin wrote in news:kavlb6$k1n$1
@dont-email.me:

If I could be bothered, and thought I'd be here for a few more years,
I'd either re-roof it in insulated box-section steel or try
anti-condensation paint, which I understand works by providing an
absorbent layer.

Thanks to everyone for the input. Anti-condensation paint sounds
interesting. I must look for that.

Yes, mine was built about 20 years ago, using second-hand asbestos too.

I'm mainly concerned about the roof joists rotting due to the moisture
getting on them. Apart from that, the condensation is not really a problem.

Yes, it's interesting how and when the condensation appears. I took a look
in there today, just after nightfall, after a rainy day, (lots of damp air)
and there was no condensation at all.

The garage is already very well ventilated and there is no significant damp
inside coming up through the floor or walls, as it has a proper DPC, etc.

Perhaps I should make it even more well-ventilated, somehow. I don't know
though; you get dew forming on grass, outside, and "outside" is VERY well-
ventilated!

JakeD