Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Attach Wires to NMH Batteries Without Soldering

wrote in message
Hi,
Do you know a technique to safely attach wires to NMH batteries
("C" cells) without soldering the wires to the battery which may harm the
batteries integrity? Note: I have several new "C" NMH batteries.

I know about battery holders, but there isn't enough space for a
multi-cell battery holder in the project I am working on.

Thank You in advance, John

Whats wrong with soldereing? Seriously roughen the metal with coarse sand
paper then a blob of flux. Then a soldering iron greater than 50W and
locally heat enough to get a spot of solder wetted over the roughened area,
don't dally and heat the whole cell. Then at your leisure and ordinary iron
locally melt a bit of your solder blob and meld with some new solder and the
wire. If its for 5 or 10A use then probably not advisable

practise on an old cell first , perhaps