Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default OT Putting your hand in cold water and instantly needing to havea pee

On 20/12/2012 12:48, F wrote:
On 19/12/2012 21:18, polygonum wrote:
On 16/12/2012 12:21, F wrote:
On 14/12/2012 18:17, Another John wrote:

Never mind MM: I believe that on the Indian subcontinent they just have
a **** in the street

Just returned from almost three weeks in India...

Didn't see anyone having a crap in public but saw many, many blokes
peeing in public. I was even invited to have one over the side of the
jeep on a game drive (bl**dy prostate!). I declined and crossed my legs:
Management, sitting next to me, wouldn't have approved.

Them as have prostates may care to consider their selenium status.

Have a look at this abstract - you can link to the full paper.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22847213

Thanks for that.

Having Googled for 'selenium prostate' it looks as though selenium is no
longer thought to be of any significant use.

http://prostatecancer.about.com/od/r...a/selenium.htm and a
couple of other sites I looked at seem to come up with the same
conclusion. I do like brazil nuts so I suppose a couple or three a day
can't do any harm.

Yes - I was aware of the "no use" conclusions as well. And am actually
more interested in selenium WRT other things than prostate. So was
somewhat surprised at the strong positive of that paper. Have been
taking 100 mcg a day (most days) but might up that to 200mcg. Have
always been uneasy taking any more than necessary given tolerable upper
limit is often said to be 400 mcg.

--
Rod