Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Stamp[_2_] Colin Stamp[_2_] is offline

Default Hiring an RCD tester

On 17/12/2012 17:54, Caecilius wrote:
On Sun, 16 Dec 2012 21:52:38 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

You can buy affordable clamp meters where if you can pass just the live
and neutral through the clamp together you can measure residual current
directly. Depending on supplementary bonding you can also get an
indication by measuring the current flowing in the protective conductor.
You might then be able to find the offending circuit.

That's interesting. I thought that sensitive clamp meters were fairly
expensive. I'll have a look around. Another toy for the collection if
nothing else :-)

I came across this one by accident the other day. It's got a 2A range,
so 1mA resolution.

http://uk.farnell.com/tenma/72-7222/...ure/dp/1283639

Cheers,

Colin.