Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Nancy Lanza's alimony

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 21:48:42 -0600, Ignoramus31296
wrote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...196_story.html

``Nancy Lanza was a divorcee who got a good settlement from Adams
father, Peter, a General Electric executive who earned $445,000 in
2009. She didnt work and was scheduled to get nearly $300,000 in
alimony this year. She could have afforded good care for Adam if he
needed it.''

Am I the only person for whom the above makes no sense? How can the
ex-wife get alimony that was 67% of his pretax income? What is wrong
with that picture?

Hey, _you're_ the Democrat (whose party made that possible.) The rest
of us don't like that, either. I'm guessing that some liberal judge
gave her 50% of his income -plus- a bunch to support the kid and his
doctor? (when $100k would have served them better than they likely
deserve. I hate alimony results. They're crazy. "One more reason to
stay single!" says I.) sigh

--
It is characteristic of all deep human problems that they are
not to be approached without some humor and some bewilderment.