Posted to uk.d-i-y
Caecilius[_2_] Caecilius[_2_] is offline

Default Hiring an RCD tester

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 19:12:04 -0000, "ARW"
wrote:

In another post it was mentioned that you could get an all RCBO CU from
Denmans for £100 (Mr Roberts was not specific on how many RCBOs he got but I
suspect that it is 8). Your best solution is to do what Mr Roberts did and
install a full RCBO CU. All RCBO installations are the new Peter Kaye Garlic
Bread.

Yes, I think I probably need to bite the bullet and replace the CU
with one that can take RCBOs.

That's a bit beyone my DIY skills though, so I'll need to get someone
in to do it. Do you have any idea of the labour charge for a CU
replacement like this? I'm in medway towns, kent if it makes any
difference.

The offer still stands if you want me to send you a RCD (if I can find one)

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll go down the RCBO route as you
suggested.