Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Making Cabinet Doors with Rail and Stile router bit

On 12/16/2012 10:41 AM, dpb wrote:

I've tried in the past to find the aforementioned Delta publication on
the web but have been unsuccessful and Delta doesn't have it any longer
as a supported part number

The copy I have on hand isn't very good any longer; I'll try to scan it
and see if it is even readable. If so, I'll try to post it to the OWWM
publications section...it's valuable and I've not seen anything on the
web that really addresses these kinds of small production issues at all.

Unfortunately, that experiment failed miserably...

I _think_ there must surely be an original of it somewhere around
here--when Dad redid the old farm house here I came back out one summer
(was in VA then) and brought the small 1/2" shaper and did the kitchen
cabinets for him.

While I'm a bit older than my tools, not much older, and I have all the
publications that came with the tools new, including, well, here's a pic
of them:

http://jbstein.com/Flick/P1050779.jpg

They are in pretty good shape, really, really good shape considering
they've been living with the tools for going on 60 years.

If you need a page or so, I can scan it or take a picture, but don't
think I want to scan the entire book.

I don't make stuff with the same enthusiasm as I did in the past, but me
and my tools are very old friends, and we fit together like old shoes,
very comfortable together. I think you might know what I mean.

These books make me think of better times, much better times. Note the
cost of one of them is printed on it at 25 cents...

He like that little shaper so well that he bought one
after I went back home and did the rest of the bathroom vanities, a
large builtin in the living room, etc, etc, etc, ...I'm certain that
was still being distributed at that time and he _never_ threw anything
away so maybe if I go through the last 50=yr or the 90+ yr of
accumulated stuff I'll come across the literature from that one--my
original got "borrowed" and I only have this very poor copy left...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com