Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other Mike[_3_] The Other Mike[_3_] is offline

Default Mobile Phone Signal Booster.

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:29:05 -0000, "mark"
wrote:

"John Williamson" wrote in message
mark wrote:
Do they do work? Any recommendations please.

What sort of booster? The Vodafone one for home use works for Vodafone
handsets by using your broadband to get data to and from a femtocell.

Any passive device can only help by making the signal more directional,
boosting it in one direction while making ot weaker in others, so the
answer there is probably not, due to the laws of physics. If it's not got
an internal power source, it can't boost the signal overall.

What problem are you trying to overcome? Bear in mind that some mobile
phones Coughapple have much worse sensitivity than others
--

I have a vodaphone mobile as to others in the household. I live in a
deadspot as far as getting a signal is concerned.

Buy a phone with properly designed and engineered RF stages like a Nokia 6310, a
Nokia CARK-91 (handsfree car kit) and a suitable GSM external aerial something
like this:

http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk/acatalo...GSM_YAG11.html

Fit the aerial as high up as you can like the top of your TV mast and connect
with the lowest loss cable you can afford. Point the aerial at the nearest base
station.

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/search

If you still can't get coverage then move to another mobile provider or if that
doesn't work then move house.

If you can't move house buy a satphone or fit a femtocell as it's the only other
solution that will work with the added bonus of near zero risk of you ending up
like Rod Hull.