Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Computer security

On 18/12/2012 17:10, klem kedidelhopper wrote:

Can anyone please explain what this private browsing is, how it works,
and what it will and will not do? Can I disable it so that he won't be
able to hide his escapades in the future? I guess I'm more computer
illiterate than I thought. Thanks for any advice. Lenny

See here for info about Private Browsing:
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/...ut-saving-info

The Firefox add-on "Disable Private Browsing" may be of use to you, but
anyone with some FF know-how will probably be able to get round it
without too much difficulty.

This may be of help in locking down your PC:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ental-Controls

If all else fails, and you are the only one with Administrative rights,
you could always uninstall Firefox (and any other browsers), and then
reinstall but only for your account - not for any guest or other
non-administrator account. Don't forget to make your log-on password a
secure one!

--

Jeff