Posted to sci.electronics.repair
klem kedidelhopper klem kedidelhopper is offline

Default Vivitar 365 flash unit

On Dec 13, 4:19*pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
There is a pot on the one circuit board. It is not labeled. I turned it
1/8 turn,
fired the flash and let it recharge and the voltage was the same. I will
do
some more checking in that area to see if I can find anything. I wasn't
sure
what the pot would be for.

It might be calibration for the auto flash. Can't hurt to experiment.

Did you measure the voltages on either side of the TO220 device? I'm
thinking that if it were some type of regulator , (with an "in" or
"out") then you might get a clue from seeing what that looks like.
Maybe the pot controls gate current. Lenny