Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew May Andrew May is offline

Default Mobile Phone Signal Booster.

On 18/12/2012 17:03, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:29:05 -0000, mark wrote:

I have a vodaphone mobile as to others in the household. I live in a
deadspot as far as getting a signal is concerned. Ideally I want
something that'll make my mobile phone useable when I'm at home that is
independent of Broadband.

Divert to the landline when at home? That's what I do, sides steps the
'orrible mobile phone delay and Donald Duck impressions as well. I just
have an "At home" profile in the phone that does it all automagically,
biggest drawback is remembering to change the profile back to "Normal"
when going out.

One feels that this is the sort of thing that the should be an app for
on a smartphone. Probably something simple like if it can see your WiFi
then divert the phone to home. Remove the diversion when it can no
longer see your WiFi. Voila.