Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mobile Phone Signal Booster.

mark wrote:
I have a vodaphone mobile as to others in the household. I live in a
deadspot as far as getting a signal is concerned.
Ideally I want something that'll make my mobile phone useable when I'm at
home that is independent of Broadband.

Look at getting either a different phone or changing networks. For
instance, I can sometimes get a signal on 3 or Orange when Vodafone
isn't working. Due to the way GSM works, it's not easy or cheap to set
up a repeater, which would be your best answer.

I've found Nokia phones are sensitive, as they are primarily phones with
computing added, as against Windows, Android or Apple smartphones which
are effectively PDAs with a phone bolted on.

The femtocell will, at least, give you a reliable signal for your
mobile. Unless you're on a restrictive broadband contract, you'll not be
using a big perecentage of your bandwidth allowance, and most people
don't notice the slowdown that it may cause when you're talking.

The "phone signal extenders" consisting of a flat plate that you attach
to your phone are, IMHO, snake oil.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.