Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing a Myson Unit 3 CH pump.

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:40:51 +0000, T i m wrote:

Are they gate valves or ball valves?

Ball.

Good they almost certainly will shut off properly. Were they easy to
turn, with just a little bit of resistance? No damage in the slot in the
picture so I guess they were, this is good sign.

Can you see signs of that (rust on the body under the top nut) in this
pic?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5772409/Myson%20Unit%203a.png

Doesn't look to bad for rust. Might be a bit stiff to start.

If we do replace the valves, are these worth the extra would you say
please (I'll check her pipework is actually 22m etc).

Looking at the pic and what you have said I don't think you will need to
replace the valves. Just get rubber/synthetic washers washers, the pump
will probably come with fibre bung those in the bin. Not sure if
Screwfix/Tolstation/the sheds carry them but a decent plumbers merchant
ought to.

--
Cheers
Dave.