Ken Vaughn

Default Salt and vinegar for rust removal(New question)

"Paul O." wrote in message

I know nothing of chemistry so my questions are(1) When disposing of this
stuff, anything in particular to worry about? (2) When storing, is a metal
coffee can ok, should the container be vented? Don't want to use this
mixture in anything that it will eventually eat thru. Thanks all for your
help and advice.
--
Paul O.

I store mine in the 1 gallon plastic containers that the vinegar came in. I
don't think you would want to store it in a metal container. I haven't
disposed of mine yet, but I would think you could neutralize the weak acid
(vinegar) with baking soda. Coffee cans rust pretty quickly with just plain
water -- I use one with water for cooling lathe tools when I grind them --
it looks pretty rusty.

--
Ken Vaughn
Visit My Workshop: