Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default More Media Lies

"RosemontCrest" wrote in message
On 12/15/2012 11:56 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
More Media Lies

The media keeps saying "semi-automatic", but all weapons used were
pistols...

http://tinyurl.com/d35ffhv

...Jim Thompson

Educate yourself. A pistol is a semi-automatic handgun, not to be confused
with a revolver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx_WMcg_GtI

This isn't exactly the Youtube clip I was looking for - that was a
demonstration of a 9mm pistol someone had home-modified for full automatic
fire.

The clip I found looks like at least one pistol that was actually
manufactured for fully automatic.

There doesn't seem to be much application for a pistol that can empty the
clip in less than a couple of seconds - other than spraying a classroom full
of closely spaced schoolkids.