Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default More Media Lies

"Michael Black" wrote in message
xample.org...
On Sat, 15 Dec 2012, Jim Thompson wrote:

More Media Lies

The media keeps saying "semi-automatic", but all weapons used were
pistols...

http://tinyurl.com/d35ffhv

Keep your trash out of the newsgroups.

Once upon a time, there was sci.electronics, full of electronic related
posts, though sometimes a bit too much traffic. So they were split into
multiple newsgroups. Then sometime later some idiot decided that
sci.electronics.design was a hangout, not so much about electronic design
but about talking about whatever to whoever was there. And after a while,
that destroyed the newsgroup, even if the illusion is that there's a lot
of traffic there and it's healthy.

And then in recent times you've compounded your initial problem by
constantly cross-posting to other newsgroups. It's bad enough that you
feel it's acceptable to post junk unrelated to electronics, but you think
the rest of us want to see the junk posts? I don't look at
sci.electronics.design because of the way you trashed it with your
off-topic posts, don't come into .basics and inflict it on us here (or in
the other newsgroups that you've cross-posted to).

If nothing else, your trash means other people think it's acceptable to
act the same way, so now we're getting other people's junk to.

Keep your junk in sci.electronics.design.

ANd in the future, before you post, think very hard about whether you have
to cross-post anything, like your continuous junk posts about needed
computer parts or whatever. At least when you kept them in
sci.electronics.design we didn't have to see them elsewhere.

Michael

JT is evil - but someday he'll die.