Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Question about CCW?

On Monday, December 17, 2012 7:08:31 PM UTC-5, Cross-Slide wrote:
On Monday, December 17, 2012 4:06:12 PM UTC-6, rangerssuck wrote:

[snip]
All that said, and I really don't want to pull this even further off topic, I do wish it was legal to buy and own the larger sizes of pepper spray / mace / tear gas in NJ. There are times when I would feel better having some non-lethal home protection device at my disposal.

Hornet Spray is even better than pepper spray, it is legal, doesn't
look to be scary, and will temporarily blind the recipient.

Didn't we have this conversation not-to-long ago, in which at least a few people said it was in violation of federal law to shoot someone with hornet spray and that you'd have a ****storm of legal crap if you did so?

Not that I would hesitate to protect myself and my family for fear of federal paperwork, but if it could be voided, so much the better.

Also, I saw some pepper spray devices that seem pretty formidable. They go out 20 or so feet and then form a fog. At least that sounds good on paper. I did see a phone guy saturate a hornet's nest at the top of a pole while he stood on the ground, so I agree, those cans are pretty powerful...