Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing a Myson Unit 3 CH pump.

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 20:58:10 +0000, T i m wrote:

but just thought I'd mention, that I changed the pump on my system a
couple of time before the penny dropped that the problem was, that the
shaft was horizontal ! Since mounting it at 45 degree, the most I
could manage, it's run now for quite a few years with no further
failures.

Oooerr. I think I read somewhere that the shaft *should* be
horizontal?

IIRC what they don't like is the "dry" end down in any shape or form.

The Brochure .pdf link on he

http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/gr...ric-130-bare-p
ump/

Contains the installation instructions which indicate that the best
installation position is shaft dead on horizontal or a little up at the
"dry" end. Dry end down is bad news, so is vertical. Also pumping down is
not recomended, though the problem there is trapped air.

--
Cheers
Dave.