Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Replacing a Myson Unit 3 CH pump.

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 20:27:23 +0000, Andy Cap
wrote:

I don't know enough to recommend a make, though personally I'd always
pay a bit more a good make

It seems (from my quick Google) to be a jump from ~40 to ~100 quid
though?

but just thought I'd mention, that I changed
the pump on my system a couple of time before the penny dropped that the
problem was, that the shaft was horizontal ! Since mounting it at 45
degree, the most I could manage, it's run now for quite a few years with
no further failures.

Oooerr. I think I read somewhere that the shaft *should* be
horizontal?

As it happens the one I'm looking to change certainly is and it could
be the original, as is Mums (Grundfos)?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5772409/Myson%20Unit%203a.png

Cheers, T i m