Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Oil furnace cycling Q?

"BobMCT" wrote in message
On 17 Dec 2012 11:12:16 GMT, notbob wrote:

Why are you aking us instead of your "svc company"?

Because as many, many posts here demonstrate, it's near impossible to
find a "good" svc company. It seems that when a good one is found
either a big one swallows it up or it/he goes out of business.

It does seem that for a simple system, there are lots of service people that
have little idea as how to repair anything. They just change parts and hope
to hit on the right one. I had a heatpump that the outside unit was iceing
over in the winter. First guy replaced the fan motor . It was iced over
two days later, he came backout and said something about a control board.
I sent him packing and got another company to replace the system as it was
close to 25 years old.