Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Question about CCW?

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the big deal about ccw? In the recent discussion, there's been considerable talk of what kinds of guns are best concealed under what type of clothing.

I seriously don't get it.

If the objective in carrying a firearm is self-defense, wouldn't it be better to strap a big gun to your hip in plain sight and announce to the world, "Don't **** with me or you will be shot."? And if the objective is not self-defense, what is it?

It has long been my feeling that this is the one thing that cops have over the general public. They may be assholes, but they are assholes with guns on their belts - in plain sight. If you don't cooperate with them, there may be conequences involving loud noises and lead projectiles.

So, what's the deal with wanting to conceal your weapons? What is the advantage?