Posted to alt.home.repair
David L. Martel[_2_] David L. Martel[_2_] is offline

Default Embarrassing question about how to light a built-in propane fireplace

I didn't know it works on electricity.
I looked for a remote and for batteries and I see neither.

It may not have a remote.

I don't even see electrical wires.

You have a picture of the pilotlight box. It's the box that's inside the
fireplace. I think I see wires there.
I also think I see the igniter. To the right of the pilot light valve
there appears to be a black push button. It's very close to the pilotlight
valve. Let's try pushing that button. Did you get a spark? When you press
(firmly) the pilotlight valve do you hear gas? If not go to the key-like
thing that's outside of the fireplace. Turn it, then repeat pressing the
pilotlight valve. Hear gas now? Ok, push the igniter button. Repeat until
the pilotlight lights. Keep holding the pilotlight valve in for about 30
secs. then rotate the valve to the On position. You can stop pushing on the
valve. It should run now. Remember to turn both valves off when you are done
playing.

Dave M

I checked all the fuseboxes in the house and none are tripped.

That's good. Electricians usually label the circuit breakers and fuses.
Does one say fireplace?

I did send an email to the Marco people.
Thanks for finding that site.

If you gave them your model number they may have a PDF of your manual. I
hope they send you that since you sound lost.