Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Beauty is in the eye the beholder

Mike Marlow wrote:
Dave wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 21:44:31 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
"Cherry picker" my foot. That's an engine hoist.

Sure is and a pretty good price if it's in working condition.

Absolutely - and even if it's not, there's really nothing big that can go
wrong with them. There's nothing that can't be fixed for really small
bucks.

Mike, I had been thinking about using one of these for assembling TS and
jointer. The bed of the jointer is almost 400 pounds I think.

http://centralindianarentals.com/cat...y-engine-hoist

What parts am I missing to help complete the assembly (besides strong
friends)? My intuition suggests "2 Chains around a blanket (wrapped
around the end of the heavy parts). For safety's sake, I would make sure
there is someone around to watch, laugh, polk-fun, and that sort of
stuff, while I was doing this. I won't try it until I learn more.
I don't want to end up on the next episode of America's Bloopers.

Bill