Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Dropped screws down drain

On Dec 16, 5:56*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I'd expect that to pump a lot of stinky sewer gas into the room. *Then,
you'd have to go out to the carpet van, and have them drain the 200 gallon
waste tank so you can try and disassemble the tank to get your screws back.

Paraphrasing Trevye, "I think you better think it out, again."

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"nestork" wrote in message

I would also be reluctant to disassemble the p-trap. *Even though you
can get away with it most of the time, it's been my experience that the
rest of the time the p-trap will leak at the union fitting after having
been disassembled.

If that ever happens to anyone again, have your carpets shampoo'ed.

And, while the guy is there cleaning your carpet, ask him to use his
carpet extractor to suck out the contents of that p-trap.

The vaccuum motors used in carpet cleaning machines are much more
powerful than those used in ordinary vaccuum cleaners. *I expect that a
strong wind up the drain pipe would carry even steel screw up and out of
the drain.

Or, at least, I'd try using a powerful vacuum before I took the p-trap
apart.

--
nestork

Uh, the vacuum exit on a truck mounted machine IS outside.

Plus you can easily put a few layers of cheese cloth over the tubes to
prevent the screws from going all the way up inside.
Or, a metal screenwire strainer, kitchen utensil. for extra support.